Sep 29 2015
Visa, bicycle, house and more
Before September 24th I had to do my Visa extension (every 90 days). Because the extension didn’t work on the Internet we went on Monday (September 21st) to the Office of Immigration at Sakon Nakhon (almost 90 km east of Sawang Daen Din) but… they could not do the extension there… We could only do a new Marriage Visa but we didn’t have all the good papers for doing this. We were happy that Tops market had cherries (and Jellybeans and a French loaf) so the drive to Sakon Nakhon was not a complete failure! In the afternoon we tried to get the missing papers but for one paper there was something wrong! So in the evening we decided to go the next day to Nong Khai (a 135 km drive from Sawang Daen Din) for the Laos Visa run again… This time I went alone to Laos for almost 2 hours (Siripron and Benz waited at the Visa Office in Nong Khai). Now I can stay in Thailand until December 20th.
The reason why this all happened is the lack of the good information by the Thai Government and the several different kind of Visa. Every kind of Visa have its own rules and options. I now have a “None Immigrant O Visa” with multiple entries, so Immigration say do the multiple entries! In the beginning of December we will try to do the new “Marriage Visa”.
The first weeks of September I didn’t use my bike. In the beginning it was the morning rains but the last 2 weeks it was sickness that stopped me. It begun with a kind of food poisoning and the flu, later I had fever and problems that looked like a “urinary infection”. First I get pills from Siripron (Ban Thon Hospital) and I drunk coconut milk from the tree of the “garden” of Den. But it was not going well and then we went to a clinic in Sawang Daen Din. Consult and 5 days pills (8 every day) for EUR 5.
Sunday, September 20, we talked for almost 5 hours to Noy (engineer and architect) about the definitive plans for the new house. Noy have to make the final drawings and I maybe we will receive them soon. At the end of the rainy season “we” will drill for a well, install a pump and a “small” water tank. After that we hope the building of the house can start mid-October. Below are my artist impressions of the plans.
Other things that happened:
– Because of some big rains again some sand erosion on the old land at the side of Wannapa. For now I stop to fix this every time because there must be a more permanent solution, like a drainage or so.
– I installed MS Office 2013 instead of 2007 on my laptop because the PDF facility.
– We went with Both to his old school because he want to go to school again and that is really a good thing for his future!!!
– I have received some of my orders by Internet (The 4 Ice Age DvD’s, 2 T-shirts and a new book for learning Thai).
– We received “Kruidnoten” a treat from Holland (by Ellen and Robert Hartman).
– From September 23 overtime for Siripron and in the overtime I was also at the hospital for the fast Internet. The most of that time I spent on the apps updates of iPhone 5S and iPad 2 and in the weekend the iOS 9.01 update.
30 September 2015 @ 19:46
Hi, house looks great! Nice rooftop (a smaller version of Royal Palace ;-). Sliding doors or normal? And the batroom door, going into the hallway or into the room…
Good to know that you recovered quit well and superbe that Both goes back to school, fingers crossed!!
Hugs and kisses to you all, keep blogging!
30 October 2015 @ 10:52
Er staat heel wat te gebeuren met jullie toekomstige huis. Ziet er prachtig uit!
ja wat je gezondheid betreft, dat je zo afvalt komt toch grotendeels door het warme klimaat en ander voedsel. wat ik je zeker kan aanraden maar mischien doe je dat wel, heel veel water drinken omdat je veel zweet en is beter voor nieren en blaas.
dank voor je mailtje. ik heb inmiddels mijn eerste kuur gehad, immunotherapie en moet 7 dagen chemopillen slikken. Het valt me tot nu toe erg mee met bijwerkingen. Over 4 weken de tweede ronde.
succes met dat visa gedoe en natuurlijk met de bouw van jullie huis.
groeten, ook aan Siripron van ons,
peter en diny